Chicago area beekeepers

  • Betsie
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 4 10:19 AM
      Hello, I have recently moved to Aurora, IL. I won't be moving my bees
      until summer (assuming they make it through the winter) but am
      interested in connecting with other beekeepers (especially TBH) in the
      Chicago area. Please email me directly: beatrixspinster@... =)

      ~ Betsie
    • Gord Campbell
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 4 11:11 AM
        Check the biobees forum, Betsie: http://www.biobees.com/forum/index.php

        There's one beek in Joliet and I seem to recall another mentioning being
        close to him. In any event, there's loads of information and advice
        available.

        Cheers,
        .....G

        Betsie wrote:

        > Hello, I have recently moved to Aurora, IL. I won't be moving my bees
        > until summer (assuming they make it through the winter) but am
        > interested in connecting with other beekeepers (especially TBH) in the
        > Chicago area. Please email me directly: beatrixspinster@...
        > <mailto:beatrixspinster%40yahoo.com> =)
        >
        > ~ Betsie

        ** Gordon Campbell **
        ** Geek at Large and General Pain in the Butt **
        ** **
        ** http://blog.cruachan.ca **
      • belize3665
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 26 5:22 PM
          --- In TopHive@yahoogroups.com, "Betsie" <beatrixspinster@...> wrote:

          > Hello, I have recently moved to Aurora, IL. I won't be moving my bees
          > until summer (assuming they make it through the winter) but am
          > interested in connecting with other beekeepers (especially TBH) in
          the
          > Chicago area. Please email me directly: beatrixspinster@... =)
          >
          > ~ Betsie

          Hi Top Bar Bees I livs in Belize Hummingbird Village. I am
          starting some top bar hive 11 March to 14 April as many wild mean
          swarms pass daily it seems. Beekeepers in N. Belize gentle queens, but
          the wild ones!!!! I plant hedges of hibiscus between hives so I can
          manage them without getting all the hives mad. Any advice? Any
          helpers that might be going to Belize. Could use feet on the ground!
          THANKS , Mike
        • GEORGE McCAMMON
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 26 5:56 PM
            Hi Mike,

            What species of bees do you have?

            George

            > Hello, I have recently moved to Aurora, IL. I won't be moving my bees
            > until summer (assuming they make it through the winter) but am
            > interested in connecting with other beekeepers (especially TBH) in
            the
            > Chicago area. Please email me directly: beatrixspinster@ ... =)
            >
            > ~ Betsie

            Hi Top Bar Bees I livs in Belize Hummingbird Village. I am
            starting some top bar hive 11 March to 14 April as many wild mean
            swarms pass daily it seems. Beekeepers in N. Belize gentle queens, but
            the wild ones!!!! I plant hedges of hibiscus between hives so I can
            manage them without getting all the hives mad. Any advice? Any
            helpers that might be going to Belize. Could use feet on the ground!
            THANKS , Mike

          • Michael Scott
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 2, 2009
              The bees in Belize are the mean Africian type that can chase you a long way.    So hives are back in the jungle and one goes indirect routes to the house.   I intend to requeen soon.   Mike