Re: [TopHive] Re: architecture question

  • howard pirtle
    Message 1 of 68 , Nov 30, 2008
      Did I miss something?...LOL   HHH

      --- On Sun, 11/30/08, Jennifer Andersen <cattledogdreams@...> wrote:

      From: Jennifer Andersen <cattledogdreams@...>
      Subject: Re: [TopHive] Re: architecture question
      To: TopHive@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Sunday, November 30, 2008, 9:22 AM

      Okay, you win.  I am so tired of hearing this diatribe about how every other hive is crap and only a "true" TBH is worthy of bees and only TBH "beeks" know anything about beekeeping, and everyone else, either intentionally or through their EXTRAORDINARY stupidity and indifference, is working hard to kill honey bees as a species, that I will be signing off this discussion group.

      I thought this group was founded to encouraged  open discussion about TBHs and other alternatives to traditional Lang hives (as identified in the group's introduction) .  Though there are many members that try to do just that, there are too many who spend their time trying to stifle all discussion with anecdotal information and vague references that they feel "prove" the superiority of their style of TBHs and then finish off their "proof" with belittling and abusive comments aimed at those of us who are working on anything else.   I do not know why they are continually allowed to do this, but life is too short to subject myself to it, or to watch while others are abused.  I will vote with my fingers.

      I know that many of the members of this site are fed up by this poor behavior as well (as I have received emails offline).  Please know that if anyone on this site would like to discuss their thoughts on hive improvements, including improvements to Lang hives, you can reach me at the above posted email address.  Thanks to all of you who provided well thought out information and opinions without belittling people and their ideas along the way.  I hope our paths meet again.

      For those of you who have been irritated by those of us looking to improve upon the TBH, take heart, eventually you will have only like-minded people to talk to.  Good luck with that.

      Message 68 of 68 , Dec 6, 2008
        --- In TopHive@yahoogroups.com, "Gary" <nicty95@...> wrote:

        > 1. Had I not done what I did I would never have understood where to
        > start and would not be successful Today. Many beeks benifit from
        the
        > research gained from the losses me and few other dedicated beeks
        were
        > willing to take. The thank you letters I get attest to that.
        >
        > 2. If you are the type to throw up your hands and give up over some
        > failures so be it. We learned from our mistakes stuck to it and
        today
        > are successful. Thats what instills confidence in our advice!
        >
        > 3. That was not meant to offend anyone it was just the blunt truth
        > But rereading it I can see where a really thin skinned person may
        > twist it into something else.
        >
        > 4, Peter the bottom line is this is just advice and opinion take it
        > and use it to your advantage or leave it. We all come from
        different
        > clutures and backgrounds and the written message showes no emotion
        so
        > you have to keep an open mind when reading it so think first before
        > you take offense to something not meant to be offensive.
        >
        > 5. A bit thicker skin may be in order
        >
        > 6. I did contact Jennifer off line
        >
        > 7. I do not come here to impress you or anyone else. I come here to
        > share information and experience

        I forgot to add to the above message: Next time you have a complaint
        instead of writing a long winded post attempting to dicredit someone
        send a message to the moderator and let them do thier jobs instead of
        trying to do it for them!