Re: Excellent THB Web site

  • gkohler1
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 29, 2004
      --- In TopHive@yahoogroups.com, "jefffrancom" <jfrancom@i...> wrote:
      > I found a TBH page that realy impressed me. It is at
      > http://geocities.com/usbwrangler/
      >
      > If you have not yet, take a look at the site.
      >
      > He came across a few interesting points that I would like to
      discuss
      > with the group... brainstorm for ideas and solutions.
      >
      > I was wondering if the owner of this site is on this list. Anyone
      > know? (I cannot recall his name, I appologize.)

      The beewrangler posts on the biological beekeeping group. There are
      several TBH keepers on that group. They talk about much more than
      TBH and it's a full time job just to keep up with all the postings.

      I'm hunting for the production differences in honey and average wax
      yield for a TBH. I'm in the St.Louis, Missouri area. Keepers here
      yield somewhere between 100-200 pounds of honey, depending on hive
      placement of their Langstroth. I haven't found anyone keeping TBHs
      who has done a side-side comparison. The honey data I've found
      ranges from no difference to less than half.

      Gary