Re: [TopHive] Re: architecture question

  • Jennifer Andersen
    Message 1 of 68 , Nov 11, 2008
      You did absolutely nothing wrong. Those of us that were not happy with the tone of the responses should have spoken up earlier. Your questions were valid and I do hope you will not stop asking them.

      notanumber80132 <marcfuller_adelphia1@...> wrote: I am sorry for my part in causing other group members any annoyance. I
      will not participate further in this thread.

      I should have given up seeking answers, when replies became more like
      attacks. I was foolish. I won't let it happen again.

      --- In TopHive@yahoogroups.com, Jennifer Andersen
      <cattledogdreams@...> wrote:

      > I have also been dismayed at the tone of some of these responses. I
      have been working bees for about three years and have tried many hive
      designs, read many books, and talked with many people. I thought the
      architecture questions were very good and did not deserve the acerbic
      "I am better than you because I was raised doing this" responses. The
      fact is that the differences between hive styles are often subtle and
      largely come down to preferences of the beekeeper, not the bee. Bees
      have been around for a very long time and man has not invented
      anything new or fabulous for them. Most of us are all just trying to
      find a system that requires the least work and interference on our
      parts to keep them healthy and make it easy to steal their honey.
      Some of us like to "play" with the bees (manipulate genes, watch them
      through observation windows, etc) so we create more elaborate devices
      to work with them.

      > Anyway, I just wanted to applaud those who have asked the
      questions and continue to seek answers and understand bees. Good job.
      Please try to ignore the egos.

      > --- On Tue, 11/11/08, Jon and Ashley wrote: From: Jon and Ashley
      Subject: Re: [TopHive] Re: architecture question To:
      TopHive@yahoogroups.com Date: Tuesday, November 11, 2008, 4:21 AM
      Seems like all the bee lists eventually come down to an ego war...
      Thanks for the info you've all provided, but far too much drama.
      Consider me unsubscribed. Jon [Non-text portions of this message have
      been removed]

    • Gary
      Message 68 of 68 , Dec 6, 2008
        --- In TopHive@yahoogroups.com, "Gary" <nicty95@...> wrote:

        > 1. Had I not done what I did I would never have understood where to
        > start and would not be successful Today. Many beeks benifit from
        the
        > research gained from the losses me and few other dedicated beeks
        were
        > willing to take. The thank you letters I get attest to that.
        >
        > 2. If you are the type to throw up your hands and give up over some
        > failures so be it. We learned from our mistakes stuck to it and
        today
        > are successful. Thats what instills confidence in our advice!
        >
        > 3. That was not meant to offend anyone it was just the blunt truth
        > But rereading it I can see where a really thin skinned person may
        > twist it into something else.
        >
        > 4, Peter the bottom line is this is just advice and opinion take it
        > and use it to your advantage or leave it. We all come from
        different
        > clutures and backgrounds and the written message showes no emotion
        so
        > you have to keep an open mind when reading it so think first before
        > you take offense to something not meant to be offensive.
        >
        > 5. A bit thicker skin may be in order
        >
        > 6. I did contact Jennifer off line
        >
        > 7. I do not come here to impress you or anyone else. I come here to
        > share information and experience

        I forgot to add to the above message: Next time you have a complaint
        instead of writing a long winded post attempting to dicredit someone
        send a message to the moderator and let them do thier jobs instead of
        trying to do it for them!