Re: Please tell me I'm not hooked again!!

  • David
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 16, 2008
      Thanks Jim, for the extnded TBH/lang tips. Got a coming cut out
      hopefully so will be needing to make another box soon. Making some
      cutout TBH holders & will see how all goes. Amazin how many folks now
      reporting wild hives needing removal in San Gabriel Valley/southern
      California area. I'm still seeingthe wild hive in the SG mountain
      foothills going strong as well. Will see when our colder but still
      warm winter weather kicks in here.

      David Sneiders, southern Calif, San Gabriel Valley

      > You just double or triple the length of a Lang and decide how deep
      you want
      > the box. Except you make the rabit to hold the frames along the
      side long
      > board and can add a back entrance as well as a front
      > The top are in sections. You then use top bars instead of frames
      all the way
      > or maybe at the back. Since the top can be in pieces you can make
      several to
      > a hive so there is little weight or none to lift by just sliding
      over on top
      > of another part of the top. A tarp is needed to prevent leaks held
      in place
      > with bungee straps. This configuration allows for stock things like
      a queen
      > excluder and frames for extraction and even a two queen setup.
      > Since side an bottom boards are left longer and all angles are 90
      degrees
      > the carpentry work is simpler.
      >
      > Jim Payne

      10/10/2008