Will cows bother hive?

  • Cort Fleming
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 2, 2008
      I have a request to put hives in a pasture, with cows and I was
      wondering if they would bother them? The cows the hives, not the bees
      the cows. I know cows like to rub against things but tbh are low to
      the ground. What are some toughts or experience out there?
      Cort
    • Michael Vanecek
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 2, 2008
        Yes, they are likely to use the hives to get a good scratch. I'd
        recommend putting an fence around the hives.

        Be well,
        Mike

        --
        Zone 8, Texas
        http://www.taroandti.com/ Exotic Plants and More...

        Cort Fleming wrote:
        > I have a request to put hives in a pasture, with cows and I was
        > wondering if they would bother them? The cows the hives, not the bees
        > the cows. I know cows like to rub against things but tbh are low to
        > the ground. What are some toughts or experience out there?
        > Cort

      • Jacqueline
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 3, 2008
          I'd nix the cows and hives idea. Our cows will rub and knock over
          anything in their pasture. If they aren't rubbing on it their curiosity
          will get the best of them and they'll knock it over to see what it is.

          Jacqueline
          Friendly Haven Rise Farm
          www.FriendlyHaven.com