Re: TBH vs. Langsroth hives

  • zoodood71
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 24, 2004
      Keith,
      I agree about the website. I do recall there being an email link to
      Mr. Simon. Perhaps you have to email him. It also appeared that he
      pretty well explained how to make your own, so maybe that was his
      intent and he only patented it to keep someone else from making a
      profit. From what I saw, a regular frame fitted with a beveled piece
      on the top and bottom bars is all he did to modify a frame. With a
      table saw and some square stock, I should be be able to turn these
      out by the dozens and brad them to my frames.
      Coyote

      --- In TopHive@yahoogroups.com, Keith Benson <kgbenson@s...> wrote:

      > zoodood71 wrote:
      > >http://www.charlesmartinsimon.com/pictures.htm is exactly the
      same idea I came up with on my own to elliminate the reliance on
      > >foundation, but he got the fancy name and patent.... does that
      ever happen to anyone else?

      > So how does one get some of these frames. It would appear that the
      web site does not have a commercial aspect.

      > Keith

    • zoodood71
      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 25, 2004
        > --- In TopHive@yahoogroups.com, Keith Benson <kgbenson@s...> wrote:
        > > So how does one get some of these frames. It would appear that
        the
        > web site does not have a commercial aspect.
        > >
        > > Keith

        Keith, I stumbled blindly onto this at BeeSource
        http://www.beesource.com/pov/simon/index.htm

        Coyote