Re: [TopHive] First year apprentice

  • jack dales
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 17, 2003
      Hi
      If I help you I surly will

      >From: "Jorge Murillo-Yepes" <murillos@...>
      >To: <TopHive@yahoogroups.com>
      >Subject: Re: [TopHive] First year apprentice
      >Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2003 13:51:50 -0400
      >
      >Welcome!!!!!!!
      >Maybe you can teach us a lot about big apicultural operations!
      >Best regards,
      >Jorge

    • GEORGE McCAMMON
      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 17, 2003
        Dear Terry,

        Thanks for your mail. I have just returned from Switzerland where I made some good contacts for bee farming products.
        Please send me information on the TBH plans you build from.

        Best regards

        George E.McCammon
        Guyana

        Terry Beddows <terrybeddows@...> wrote:
        Hi Jack
        I retired 6 years ago and took up beekeeping. I have 25 hives
        22 of them are National hives, one top bar and one WBC hive and one observation hive. We knew nothing of the top bar hive at our Association in Leeds, England until the person who built the first one here came and gave us a talk on using a top bar hive. Now three of our membrs have such hives and we have one in our Assoc. apiary site which is situated in the grounds of a Stately Home.
        Several of our new members this year, found the top bar hive much easier to use and to artificially swarm the colony.
        I also like the TBH but as I started with the Nationals I will stay with them.They bring in a lot of honey, propolis and wax which I sell to the public.
        The Assoc.have bought the plans for making a TBH and we have several of our members making themselves a TBH hive throughout the winter season. I will keep you posted on their progress.

        Jorge Murillo-Yepes <murillos@...> wrote:
        Welcome!!!!!!!
        Maybe you can teach us a lot about big apicultural operations!
        Best regards,
        Jorge
        And I just concluded my first apprentice year in Bee Keeping.

        I work for a commercial Bee Keeper in Saskatchewen Canada,

        and we run about 500 hives, now are cash crop is honey,

        about 108,700Lb. this year, but we do harvest some Propolis and

        pollen,but no market for wax here at this time.

        I hope to learn from reading the the questions and answers of this

        group and if I can help I will

        JD

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      • GEORGE McCAMMON
        Message 3 of 12 , Nov 17, 2003
          Hi,
          Det er lige netop de sporgsmaal jeg vil gerne stille. Jeg har faa bygged det forste TBH her i Guyana og vil startye at bygge yderlige 52 snarest. Saa du kan forstaa at jeg vil gerne har oplysning om planerne.

          Venlig hilsen

          George E.McCammon
          Guyana
          P.O.Box 101092 GPO
          Georgetown
          Guyana
          Tel:+592 226 9312

          "P.H. Rankin Hansen" <ping@...> wrote:
          On Sunday 16 November 2003 17:40, Terry Beddows wrote:
          > The Assoc.have bought the plans for making a TBH and we have several of our
          > members making themselves a TBH hive throughout the winter season. I will
          > keep you posted on their progress.

          Before everybody else starts asking:

          What plans ? Where to get ? What cost ? Images ?

          --
          Ping.

          venlig hilsen / best regards

          P.H. Rankin Hansen
          M�lletoften 45, Gaarslev
          DK-7080 B�rkop
          (+45) 7586 1688

          Message 4 of 12 , Nov 17, 2003
            Sorry
            I'm English Canadian, there wasn't much call the learn African