429Re: ants and oils Re: [TopHive] Re: New package arriving ??FOOD??

  • laela french
    Apr 5, 2006
      In my bee class, K Ruby mentioned using 50% Water 50% Vinegar in her buckets to ward off ants.

      I use the 50/50 solution in my house to clean windows, ant invasions, etc. Great all around. You can add essential oils to that mix too (for inside cleaning I use peppermint or lemon).

      Laela

      girl mark <girlmark_list_email@...> wrote:
      I havne't tried it around the beehive but I use cinnamon oil and rubbing
      alcohol mixture to spray my house when there's an ant infestation and it
      works BEAUTIFULLY (and smells nice). I bought the essential oil at the
      bee supply place in Sacramento, actually.

      It's usually at health food stores etc as 'cinnamon leaf oil'. I've also
      tried Frontier Herbs cinnamon flavoring mixed into water for the house
      spray, but it seems to have been discontinued.

      I have the feeling that if it disrupts ants' pheremones I probably don't
      want it around my bees in that strong of a concentration, but I haven't
      tried it there so I dont know.

      Mark

      Love & Light,
      Laela