423Re: New package arriving ??FOOD??

  • stangardens
    Apr 4, 2006
      hello! im just above placerville with thirty packages in the garage
      and rain coming down in buckets. all the literature says wait till a
      nice evening to install your bees. well theyre not in "sunny"
      california this year. while talking with ray at ohb yesterday not
      only did he say this was the worst weather hes seen for the bees, he
      says installing during overcast is ok. the bees will fly less, stay
      in the hive and you wont get as much drifting. just make sure you
      feed till they can forage. the rain here is now hail. at least its
      not snow:)
      --- In TopHive@yahoogroups.com, "laelafrench" <laelafrench@...>

      <scot.mcpherson@> wrote:

      > > I should point out that I feed only new package installations,
      or feral
      > > cutouts which have been seriously effected by the removal.
      > >
      > > Otherwise, I am with girlMark, I don't feed.
      > >
      > > --
      > > Scot Mc Pherson
      > > The Mc Pherson Family Honey Farms
      > > Davenport, Iowa USA
      > > http://beewiki.linuxfromscratch.org
      > >

      > > . ` , ` '
      > > .,';`,. ``. '.
      > > _/^\_ :;.,';`'.,` `., ' '`,
      > > /_____\ .:.,"'`
      > > /\_____/\ .,:`'"
      > > \###/.,';`

      On Behalf
      > > Of girl mark
      > > Sent: Thursday, March 30, 2006 7:17 PM
      > > To: TopHive@yahoogroups.com
      > > Subject: Re: [TopHive] New package arriving ??FOOD??
      > >

      > > I on the other hand don't feed here in California, captured
      swarms or
      > > whatever. IT's not like they 'need' it, it'll just encourage
      them to
      > > draw wax out quicker. I haven't found that as a hobbyist, I need
      that
      > > particularly.
      > >
      > > Mark
      > >
      > > Scot Mc Pherson wrote:
      > >
      > > >3 sandwich sized ziplocks will last 4-5 days for most packages.
      Just as

      > > >a starting reference. I lay them down from back to front toe to
      toe,
      > > >they drink up the frontmost one first. When its time to replace
      them, I

      > > >just fill up 1-3 more bags depending on needs and pull out
      empties,
      > > >drop in new. Bees don't even know you are doing it.
      > > >
      > > >--
      > > >Scot Mc Pherson
      > > >The Mc Pherson Family Honey Farms
      > > >Davenport, Iowa USA
      > > >http://beewiki.linuxfromscratch.org
      > > >

      > > > . ` , ` '
      > > > .,';`,. ``. '.
      > > > _/^\_ :;.,';`'.,` `., ' '`,
      > > > /_____\ .:.,"'`
      > > > /\_____/\ .,:`'"
      > > > \###/.,';`
      > > >

      > > >The group archive and other pages can be accessed at
      > > >http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TopHive
      > > >
      > > >roup archive and other pages can be accessed at
      > > >http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TopHive
      > > >

      > > >Yahoo! Groups Links
      > > >

      > > The group archive and other pages can be accessed at
      > > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TopHive
      > >
      > > roup archive and other pages can be accessed at
      > > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TopHive
      > >

      > > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Show all 12 messages in this topic