2687Apimondia 2013 regards poor beekeepers

  • billsf9c
    Jan 23, 2014
      Apimondia 2013 regards poor beekeepers

      Permission for me to repost this & THX to Bill Wood & the Warré list::
      Short - Read to the end. Very telling... BillSF9c

        On Sunday, 19 January 2014, 20:54, "woodbillr@..." wrote:

        Apimondia 2013 October, 201 saw the 43rd International Apiculture Congress
      take place in Kiev, Ukraine and over 7000 beekeepers, scientists, apitherapists,
      vendors and pollinator enthusiasts descended onto Kiev's giant, awkward
      Exhibition Hall. For five days the participants networked, compared notes,
      conducted business, sampled honey, presented findings, absorbed science and
      milled around the bright, spacious ApiExpo while thinking, speaking and
      breathing “bee.” In reporting on this conference William Blomstedt wrote for the
      American Bee Journal:

        •           Generally speaking, poorer beekeepers have healthier bees
      than wealthier beekeepers. This, according to Dr. Nicola Bradbear, president of

      an Apimondia standing committee, is because the poorer beekeepers do not use
      chemicals or antibiotics in their hives, and they often allow swarming and drone
      production.

        •           Later in the conference, keynote speaker, Dr. Tom Seeley
      offered some solid research to back up Dr. Bradbear's thoughts.

       - THE END -

      Bill, Would you mind if I repost this on the SonomaBee list, here in CA?
      ...Maybe a couple others?
      Credit as below and a mention of the Warré list?
      BillSF9c

      I do not at all mind that you repost it. After all, I merely copied it from the
      American Bee Journal. My name and website may be mentioned or my name needn't be
      mentioned. Thank you for asking. Greetings. -Bill

      Bill Wood
      (541) 687-8211
      woodbillr@...
      www.beeologique.com