2652Re: [TopHive] Re: Hello from South Carolina

  • Susan Kegley
    Mar 26, 2013
      Yes, I'm running into the same thing, and having to take at least a
      little brood at the same time. Is it just my queen (who seems to use
      every comb for the brood nest) or is this pretty normal?

      Susan

      On 3/26/13 7:32 AM, Joe Caracausa wrote:

      > In my opinion, the main drawback to TBH is that there is very limited
      > space and you have to rob honey almost twice a month (maybe weekly) to
      > keep the bees from running out of space. I tried building a 'super'
      > that ran full length of the TBH box, but it was also very impractical.
      > I used 'frames' going the long way and there was not a good way to get
      > honey out of them. I used empty frames with a strip of foundation
      > along the top. I am sure there has to be a flexible TBH system that
      > can allow for less intervention during the honey flow, but I have not
      > seen one yet.
      >
      > "A government that controls your mortgage, your student loan, your car
      > loan, your retirement savings, your healthcare, your right to own
      > property and to defend your liberties- with a gun if necessary- is a
      > government that owns your liberty and just rents it back to you for a
      > while at election time."
      > -- John Ransom, columnist
      >

      > Joe Caracausa
      > jcarac@... <mailto:jcarac%40aol.com>

      Susan E. Kegley, Ph.D., Principal and CEO
      Pesticide Research Institute
      1400 Shattuck Ave, #8
      Berkeley, CA 94709

      Phone: (510) 705-1874
      Fax: (510) 705-1683
      E-mail: skegley@...
      Web: http://www.pesticideresearch.com

      PRIVILEGE AND CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
      This message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law as attorney client and work-product confidential or otherwise confidential communications. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication or other use of a transmission received in error is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, immediately notify us at the above telephone number.