2625Re: [TopHive] Top bars Utah?

  • Blaine Nay
    Mar 16, 2013
      I've been keeping bees since the early '60s. I have 10 Langstroth
      hives and 3 Top-Bar hives. I can confidently tell you that, from my
      experience. Lorenzo Langstroth knew what he was doing. Forget about
      the Top-Bar hive. The Langstroth is far easier to use and the bees
      seem to do a lot better in them.

      If you really want to get into Top-Bar beekeeping, I'll sell you mine:
      Two are $180 each with bees and stands, one is $80 without bees and
      stand.

      Photos are at
      www.three-peaks.net/images/Apiary%20-%20back_sm.jpg
      and
      www.three-peaks.net/images/Apiary%20-%20back_sm.jpg

      I'm very happy with the quality of design and manufacture of my
      Top-Bar hives -- I just think Langstroth is a much better way to go --
      especially for someone new to beekeeping. I bought them from
      http://www.honeybeehabitat.com/BuyTopBarHives/tabid/175/Default.aspx

      Blaine Nay
      Cedar City, Utah

      On Sat, Mar 16, 2013 at 1:52 AM, <TopHive@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
      > There is 1 message in this issue.
      >
      > Topics in this digest:
      >
      > 1. Top bars Utah?
      > From: Amanda Bradshaw
      >

      > Message
      > 1. Top bars Utah?
      > Posted by: "Amanda Bradshaw" bradshawbella@... bradshawbella
      > Date: Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:03 pm ((PDT))
      >
      > I wondered if there are any Top bar beekeepers in Utah County. I am new to all of this and it looks like everyone here does Lang. I would love to have someone local as a mentor that does top bar.
      > Amanda Bradshaw
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic