2595RE: [TopHive] (unknown)

  • Kewisch, Jorg
    Oct 11, 2012
      It does not matter how you start. If you get bitten by the bee bug you will eventually want to try the other method. You should however attend a beekeeping class. What you learn there can be applied to both methods. My monthly bee class consisted of 1 hour bee yard and 1 1/2 hour class room. So my first contact with bees was in the presence of my teacher. That was the most important part, it gave me the confidence to handle bees. If you don't have such a class ask another beekeeper for help the first time. If he/she does not want to help because of the top bar hive he/she is narrow-minded and you won't learn anything from that person. But all the beekeeper I met are the nicest people.