2594

  • Urbis Agricola
    Oct 11, 2012
      All:

      A friend of mine and I both have children who are interested in beekeeping. We are interested in doing some sort of sustainable beekeeping, but everyone in our area that we are aware of, does Langstrogh hives. We've been reading about top bar hives, but it sounds like it is a little harder to get into. Do you think it would be wise or foolish to start out with Langstroth hives so that we can learn from local people we know and then once we get ourselves oriented, transition to top bar or Warre hives or something?

      Thanks!