2521Re: Bees in cluster

  • roger g
    Jun 15, 2012
      I have several topbar hive and langs. best way i've found to feed topbars is a quart chick waterer. you can fill and set a right in hive under blank bars in rear of hive. if they really get to consuming a lot you can put 2 in. Be sure to use some coarse sand paper to scratch the base up good so bees can climb out easier. You can find them in most farm stores.
      I dropped a swarm in an empty hive for my grandson couple weeks ago and in 2 weeks they have 9 bars built out. roger NJ