2506Re: [TopHive] Bees in cluster

  • JorgKewisch
    Jun 14, 2012
      Do You feed them? They need 10 pounds of sugar (in 20 pounds of water)
      to get started. Then give them some time and don't disturb them to much.

      You are a bit late in the year with installing bees. I live on Long
      Island and we install in early April. Our honey flow is over by
      Independence Day. You may have to feed in fall so that they have 60
      pounds of honey for the winter.

      Jorg

      On 06/14/2012 08:54 AM, Robbie wrote:
      > Good Morning,
      > I installed bees into my new TBH over a week ago. All the brood bars
      > have foundation strips attached, but the bees still remain in a cluster
      > in one corner of the hive. Any suggestions?
      >
      > Thanks, Robbie
    • Show all 17 messages in this topic