2497Re: Glue for TBH?

  • Blaine Nay
    Feb 17, 2012
      From  http://www.titebond.com:

      "Titebond II Premium Wood Glue is the only leading brand, one-part
      wood glue that passes the ANSI Type II water-resistance specification.
      It is ideal for exterior woodworking projects, including outdoor
      furniture, birdhouses, mailboxes, planters and picnic tables.

      "Titebond II Premium provides a strong initial tack, fast speed of
      set, superior strength and excellent sandability. It is FDA approved
      for indirect food contact (cutting boards) and is ideal for radio
      frequency (R-F) gluing systems."

      That's what I use. I'm very satisfied with it. I also coat the
      exterior of my hives with exterior latex paint to further protect the
      glue as well as to extend the life to f the wood. Paint color?
      Whatever miss-mixed paint the store has on hand.

      Blaine
      www.ironbee.us

      >    Posted by: "kewisch@..." jorg@... kewisch@...
      >    Date: Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:08 pm ((PST))
      >
      > What kind of glue can I use that is food-save and outdoor rated?
      >
      > Jorg
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic