247Re: [TopHive] so, how did you get started in top bar beekeeping?

  • P.H. Rankin Hansen
    Dec 15, 2005
      I have dropped the idea again, as it was impractical (read: momentary
      brain-fart).

      Well, it is kind'a heresy, but my idea was simply to simulate some of the
      conditions in a lang by make a frame fitting the TBH and put drone foundation
      in it.

      The reason I dropped the idea again, is that the bees naturally mix in drone
      cells in the free-drawn combs in a TBH, as opposed to mainstream hives, where
      the use of foundation keeps the bees in line. Thus they have plenty of drone
      cells and ....

      On Thursday 15 December 2005 10:37, girl mark wrote:
      > could you elaborate on what you've just found?
      >
      > Mark
      >
      > >What I don't like about TBH's, is that it is somewhat less easy to
      > > practice drone brood removal, but I have just now gotten some ideas on
      > > how to control this.
      > >
      > >I do love to experiment and try out new ideas.
      > >
      > >Ping.
      > >
      > >venlig hilsen / best regards
      > >
      > >P.H. Rankin Hansen
      > >Grædstrupvej 53, Grædstrup
      > >DK-8740 Brædstrup
      > >(+45) 7586 1688 / (+45) 2211 9611

      > roup archive and other pages can be accessed at

      Ping.

      venlig hilsen / best regards / vy 73 de

      P.H. Rankin Hansen
      Grædstrupvej 53, Grædstrup