1914New beekeeper needs help

  • First
    Nov 2, 2009
      I live in north central Alabama and have just been given 2 complete colonies of
      bees in addition to 1000's of dollars worth of used equipment. My problem is
      moving the hives. They have not beed tended to this whole year and the owner
      says that there is about 200# of honey on the hives. I went and looked at the
      hives,1 is very active as of last week and the other is about 1/4 as active as
      the 1rst. They have about 3 supers total on each and maybe a topfeeder. They are
      located in the bacyard on a slope,no pickup truck access. I must move these by
      hand or with a wheelbarrow. I was supposed to get them this weekend but it
      rained and it was to wet and slick. So I have this week to prepare more and need
      all suggestions I can get. William

      ps.Does anybody use this group? Light activity
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic