      From: TopHive@yahoogroups.com [mailto:TopHive@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of
      P.H. Rankin Hansen
      Sent: Monday, November 03, 2008 4:11 AM
      To: TopHive@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [TopHive] Comb question

      The comb is brown because the bees have had brood in it. Nothing wrong
      with it. If you melt it down, you will get normal yellow wax.

      It would be a shame to make candles with it. Unless I'm mistaken, you
      haven't used pesticides or antibiotics, which again means that the wax
      is unpolluted. In some countries, it is hard to get unpolluted wax, and
      it is sold at a premium price.

      Ping.

      venlig hilsen / best regards / vy 73 de OZ4PH & 5P1H

      Peter H. Rankin Hansen
      Stjærvej 15, Storring
      DK-8464 Galten
      Danmark

      (+45) 7586 1688 / (+45) 2211 9611

      Si vis pacem, para bellum - if you want peace, prepare for war.