Toys for Tots NEEDS HELP

  • Dena Gross Leavengood
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 20, 2012
      Marine Toys for Tots Foundation
      Subject: There's Still Time to Help a Child: Every Child Deserves a Christmas

      Toys for Tots
      Toys for Tots is a top rated charity - 97% of your donation goes to our mission of providing toys, books and other gifts to less fortunate children.  The 3% spent on support principally covers fundraising expenses – not one donated dollar goes to pay for salaries or any other manpower costs.

      Toys for Tots e-xpress Letter
      Only 5 days until Christmas!

      Every child, grandchild, niece or nephew in your family is no doubt telling you daily just how many days there are till Christmas.  Children whose families are living in poverty are also keeping track of the days, but sadly their parents don’t have the same means to put presents under their Christmas tree … if they even have a tree.

      The good news is there is still time left for you to make the difference on Christmas morning for one or more of these children.  By making a donation on our website (www.toysfortots.org) we can instantly make those dollars available to our Marine Toys for Tots Coordinators, who can immediately turn them into last minute toys.

      After a long bitter presidential campaign, Hurricane Sandy and a ‘Fiscal Cliff’ we’re apparently going to fall into soon, I can see why our toy donations are down this year.  I am making just this one last plea to put that all behind you, get into the Christmas spirit and help us provide a present to a child you don’t even know.  You’ll be glad you did.

      Here’s a few other last minute ways to help:

      DonationTunes.org, a non-profit organization, is proud to announce that they have made the Marine Toys for Tots Foundation https://www.facebook.com/toysfortots?group_id=0 their exclusive charity partner for the holidays. When you buy a song or album at donationtunes.org, 100% of the net proceeds will go to Toy for Tots  http://www.donationtunes.org/. Please help donationtunes.org help Toys for Tots!! Every song or album purchased makes a huge difference! Please visit www.donationtunes.org.  You can play your favorite online games on Zynga and make a donation to the Marine Toys for Tots Foundation at the same time.

      You can purchase an Ellen DeGeneres Hole-Y-Cow toy at your local Walgreens Store and they will donate $2.00 for each toy sold.  I have one sitting on my desk and play with it everyday.

      Finally, please accept my best wishes for a Merry Christmas and a great New Year.  The Marine Toys for Tots Foundation, the U.S. Marine Corps and many less fortunate children thank you for your generosity and thoughtfulness.

      Sincerely,

      Bill Grein

      Major, USMC (Ret)
      Vice President
      Marine Toys for Tots Foundation

      CLICK TO DONATE NOW!  https://secure3.convio.net/tft/site/Donation2?idb=1689888040&df_id=1233&1233.donation=form1&JServSessionIdr004=8s3hkj0h82.app304b

      Did you know that Toys for Tots is a top rated charity?

      CLICK TO SHARE WITH A FRIEND http://support.toysfortots.org/site/TellAFriend?msgId=3881.0&devId=7821