TB, Multicultural Food & Art Show 6/4

  • Dena Gross Leavengood
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2011
      Subject: FICS Multicultural Food & Art Show, 6/4

      Florida Institute for Community Studies, Inc. (FICS)
      El Instituto de Estudios Comunitares del la Florida
      Community. Activism. Research. Education.

      Press Release

      For Immediate Release: May 30, 2011

      Contact: Alayne Unterberger, Executive Director, 813.249.8100 or 813.477.2882

      Fourth Annual Multicultural Food and Art Show this Saturday, June 4, 2011 from 12 to 5 pm

      Cuarto Festival Multicultural de Arte y Comida

      Tampa, FL:   Everyone is invited to join in the fun this Saturday June 4, 2011, where we turn the Hanley Plaza into an outdoor food and art event for the whole family.  The Florida Institute for Community Studies (FICS), 6704 Hanley Road, Tampa, FL 33634 hosts this event, with donations from Cason Studios, Starbucks, Queen of Sheeba Ethiopian, Chili’s Restaurant and more.  We will be selling food and drink tickets and hold raffles as well to raise funds for summer programs for youth, including sending some of our older youth to Jeter’s Leaders Conference in July!

      There will be plenty of fun , breakdancing, salsa dancing, lessons and local art by artists as young as 7!  We will have a giant slide, bounce house and live music, but best of all, FICS’ parents from around the globe are bringing their home-made delicacies for all to taste.

      Come out and see why we love this event!  Celebrate the true multiculturalism that is right here in Tampa.  If you would like more information, please feel free to contact us at 813.477.2882 or 813.249.8100.  Our rain date is June 11, 2011.

      The Florida Institute for Community Studies (FICS) has functioned for nine years as a statewide non-profit organization working within communities to plan and create better futures.  Our programming serves over two thousand people annually, ages seven to seventeen and adults.  In addition to outreach services,  FICS Multicultural Family Center is centrally located and offers an array of programs, mentoring/tutoring, computer access, HIV/AIDS testing, English, Spanish and Italian classes and much more.  Volunteers are always welcome.  Visit us at www.ficsinc.org

      Alayne Unterberger, PhD Florida Institute for Community Studies (FICS) PO Box 16745 Tampa FL 33687 813.249.8100 Community. Activism. Research. Education.