TB, Disaster Training for Indivs & Community

  • Dena Gross Leavengood
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 4 7:37 AM
      Subject: TBHC Disaster Training for Individuals and Community-FREE

      FREE Emergency and Disaster Planning, Preparedness and Management for Nonprofits & Individuals

      Individual and Community Disaster Preparedness Training

      Are your employees and their families ready for a disaster?  Do your clients know who will provide services for them if your agency is closed?  Who will provide the assistance the community needs after a disaster?

      For organizations and the community to be prepared we need to ensure that individuals within our community are ready for an emergency.  The training will focus on meeting people's immediate concerns regarding emergency disaster-caused needs in addition to learning how several different types of agencies and organization work together to ensure individuals and communities are prepared.  When a disaster threatens or strikes residents need to be prepared to address shelter, food, health and mental health services to address basic human needs. Our goal is to ensure the families affected by a disaster will be able to resume their normal daily activities independently.

      Wednesday, June 13, 2007

      9:00 am – 12:00 pm

      Location:

      St. Anthony’s Carillon Outpatient Center

      900 Carillon Parkway

      St. Petersburg, FL

      Driving Directions:

      http://www.stanthonys.com//workfiles/COC%20Directions.pdf

      Cost: Free (Registration Required)

      Space is limited. Register today at rsvp@... with the name(s) and contact information of those who would like to attend.

      We welcome all levels of staff to participate in this training!

      Disaster Planning Preparedness

      Summary

      An emergency is any unplanned event that can cause deaths or significant injuries to employees, customers or the public; or that can shut down your business, disrupt operations, cause physical or environmental damage, or threaten the facility's financial standing or public image (Emergency Management Guide for  Business & Industry, American Red Cross).

      Whatever one chooses to call it - disaster planning, emergency preparedness, or business continuity - the goals are ultimately the same: to get an organization back up and running in the event of an interruption.

      The goal is to have some contingency plans in the event of a problem. A disaster recovery plan exists to preserve the organization so that it can continue to offer its services.

      A disaster recovery plan is a user's guide for how to preserve an organization. This must be created before an interruption occurs.

      ·  Emergency Planning - the procedures and steps done immediately after an interruption to business operations

      ·  Disaster Recovery - the steps taken to restore some functions so that some level of services can be offered

      ·  Business Continuity - restoration planning, completing the full circle to get your organization back to where it was before an interruption

      Cheri Wright-Jones, MS

      Executive Director

      Tampa Bay Healthcare Collaborative

      Post Office Box 408