ACTION: LWVHC - 3/8 WATER ISSUES Meeting

  • Dena Gross Leavengood
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2001

      The public is invited to attend the following meeting to learn more about our water shortage and development in Hillsborough County.

      The League of Women Voters of Hillsborough County's Natural Resources Committee will be holding a special WATER ISSUES meeting on:

      Thursday, March 8
      9 - 11 a.m.
      at the offices of the
      Greater Tampa Association of Realtors
      &
      Builders Association of Greater Tampa
      Auditorium
      2918 W. Kennedy Blvd.
      Tampa 33609
      873-1000
      (on south side of road, between MacDill & Armenia; free parking behind building)

      This meeting will afford the League an opportunity to meet with staff from the County Attorney's office, Planning & Growth Management, & Planning Commission to discuss options regarding the water shortage, zoning & continued development in Hillsborough County.  Meetings are also being held with other organizations (Water Conservation Technical Committee, NAIOP, Builder's Association, SOBAC & Sierra) through mid-March.  Staff recommendations are to be made to Board of County Commissioners at their second Land Use meeting on March 27.

      Committee Co-Chairs:  Stoddard Pickrell & Denise Layne

      Dena
      831-6718