NW Hills., Pls Help Recover Stolen Sign

  • Dena Gross Leavengood
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2004
      PLEASE HELP THE TOWN 'N COUNTRY NEIGHBORHOOD RECOVER THEIR LONNIE LEA NAPIER GOOD NEIGHBOR AWARD SIGN - REMOVED 5/29-5/30

      AMNESTY FROM PROSECUTION OFFERED FOR RETURN OF SIGN BY MIDNIGHT, THURSDAY 6/3/04
      Please contact Bill Browne at 813-230-5324 for more information.

      Subject: to Catch a Thief

      Some time between Sunday afternoon and Monday morning 5/29-5/30) the Welcome to TnC Country, Lonnie Lea Napier Good Neighbor Award was stolen from the Woodbridge Blvd location.

      The 4X4s are still in place but the sign itself was broken out of the slots in the posts and taken away.

      The theft was report to the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office by me but of course it's unlikely we'll ever see the sign again.

      I plan on  calling the TnC News, Northwest Tribune and St Pete Times-Tampa and perhaps we can get the incident in the papers. People that do stuff like this have big mouths and have a hard time keeping a secret so we might get a lead.

      That sign cost $1000 installed and was obtained with a grant from the county intending to honor Lonnie Lea Napier of Twelve Oaks who died helping a neighbor. Bob Seamon was the recipient.

      Bill Browne, President
      Town 'n County Park Homeowners Civic Association
      230-5324

      Maybe someone will give up the thief.

      From: BBINT@...
      Subject: To Commisioner Kathy Castor

      Commissioner,
      While the theft and vandalism of the TnC welcome sign can't be compared to muggings, auto theft and drug dealing it does concern the Civic Association as a quality of life issue here in Town 'n Country.

      School has only been in summer recess several days when this occurred and it could be an indication of a long, hot summer.

      The Sheriff's Office has always been there for us and we realize that their resources are spread thin but we would hope that they make it clear on the street that they will not tolerant this type of behavior.

      The deputies that took the report were surprised to learn the value of that sign. Each of those signs cost $1000 and a considerable amount of volunteer man hours. More important than the dollar value is the message local youths receive by getting away with this destruction.

      If there's anything your office could do to convey to the HCSO our concerns and that we don't look at this as just another property crime we be grateful.

      Town 'n Country has come a long way from the time when gangs were threatening to over run our community. We'd hate to see those days return.

      Thank you for your help.

      Bill Browne, President
      Town 'n Country Park Homeowners Civic Association
      230-5324