Pinellas, Clothes for Needy Kids

  • Dena Gross Leavengood
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2003
      From: "Maria McClung" <kmcclung@...>
      Subject: Clothes To Kids Opening

      Clothes To Kids, Inc.
      Grand Opening
      Wednesday, June 11, 2003

      Almost one year ago an idea was launched to begin an organization that concentrated solely on providing the needy children in our community with quality clothing.  In less than two weeks the Clothes To Kids store will be open for families in Pinellas County, with school age children, to come and "shop" for a week's worth of clothing for their children.  Our mission is to provide new and quality used clothing to low-income children in Pinellas County, free of charge.  Our purpose is to help improve the self-esteem of school age children by providing them with appropriate clothing that makes them feel good about themselves and improves their readiness to learn at school.

      All that is needed by the client is a letter of referral by a social worker or clergy member.  Client's are allowed two visits to our store in a 12 month period (preferrably summer and winter.)  The children must be school-age only (preK to 12th grades). The following criteria should be used in determining qualification:
        a..  Are the children eligible for free or reduced lunch through the public school system.
        b.. Is the family in crises: homeless, loss of job, fire, etc.
        c..
      All Pinellas County social workers and social service agency administrators are invited to visit us prior to the opening.  Currently our hours are Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 9:00 a.m. to Noon.  However, someone is usually available at the store everyday.  Please call Marie McClung, Executive Director of Administration at 733-4397 for more information or visit the web site at
      www.clothestokids.org.