Tampa, RESULTS Hunger & Poverty Mtg 1/9

  • Dena Gross Leavengood
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 31 1:17 PM
      From: "Alex Furnari" afurnari@...
      Subject:  Introduction to RESULTS meeting (see message below)
      I am working with Gail Neumann and would appreciate anyone who is interested in attending if you would e-mail me at afurnari@... so that we will know how many people to expect at Judy's house.  And I will send you her address.
      Introduction to RESULTS
      Thursday, Jan. 9
      7-9 p.m.
      at Judy Dibbs' home
      Tampa
      RSVP to Alex Furnari at afurnari@...

      From:  Gail Neumann

      I am the group leader of our Miami RESULTS group, and am working to start up more groups around the state.  I will be traveling to Tampa to make an introduction to RESULTS presentation at the home of Judy Dibbs on Thursday, January 9, from 7-9 pm.

      I would be delighted if you could attend the introductory meeting.  Please feel free to bring a friend.

      Best wishes for the holiday season.  Hope to see you on the 9th!

      RESULTS is an international citizens lobby whose purpose is to:
      * generate the political will to end hunger and poverty
      * create the opportunity for individuals to have a breakthrough in their
      personal and    political power

      RESULTS legislative staff:
      *  monitor the status of key legislation in Congress affecting low-income
      people
      *  mobilize grassroots volunteers on the actions needed to pass important
      legislation

      RESULTS volunteers:
      *  receive legislative briefings from key anti-poverty leaders on a monthly
      national                   telephone conference call
      *  get weekly updates on needed Congressional action and personal support to
      assure     effective action
      *  become the local experts on federal legislation and provide a supportive
      community     for tenacious and effective citizen activism on a
      national agenda