Re: New home for the Saraswati?

  • Greg Weir
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 4 9:05 AM
      Maybe at the end he decides he can't use Zhokhov Island anymore and needs a new home. Or if the ship is destroyed in the story in the epilog we see Sandy noticing that a mysterious "someone" bought the base.

      Greg

      --- In Tom-Swift@yahoogroups.com, "Michael" <phydeaux44@...> wrote:

      > It's a good thing I didn't see this until long after I started writing Polar Marauders. We could've ended up with a entirely story (and I would've had to drop my use of Zhokhov Island).
      >

      > Michael
      >
      > --- In Tom-Swift@yahoogroups.com, "Greg Weir" <aaf709@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Fred posted this on Facebook, so I can't take credit for finding it.
      > >
      > > Own a secret submarine base in Norway for $17.3 million
      > >
      > > http://realestate.yahoo.com/promo/own-a-secret-submarine-base-in-norway-for-173-million.html
      > >
      > > allyouneedismoneyasubmarineandmoremoneyGreg

    • Michael
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 4 9:10 AM
        I guess it depends on whether or not Sandy decides to keep quiet about the hidden Brungarian sub base.

        (side note: Edward L. Beach Jr.s rather excellent 1978 novel COLD IS THE SEA features, as a plot element, an ICBM base hidden beneath the Arctic by the Soviet Union.)