just a question.

  • Dolgen DoUrdan
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 30, 2003
      Hey ya'll i just wanted to ask your ideas on how they will tie up
      the movies. Since Jackson completetly messed up the begging of TFTR
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 30, 2003
        Best to wait and see.
        Then we can bitch about it afterwards!

        From: Dolgen DoUrdan [mailto:Gohan5932@...]
        Hey ya'll i just wanted to ask your ideas on how they will tie up
        the movies. Since Jackson completetly messed up the begging of TFTR

      • Bruce Wilson
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 30, 2003

          I don't recall any begging in TFTR (btw, I think the standard abbreviation is FOTR).

          Hey ya'll i just wanted to ask your ideas on how they will tie up
          the movies.  Since Jackson completetly messed up the begging of TFTR

        • Amy
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 30, 2003
            I think it'll end how it ends in the books.. but we
            shall see soon enough ;)

            --- Dolgen DoUrdan <Gohan5932@...> wrote:
            > Hey ya'll i just wanted to ask your ideas on how
            > they will tie up
            > the movies. Since Jackson completetly messed up the
            > begging of TFTR

            http://shopping.yahoo.com
          • Bruce Wilson
            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 30, 2003
              I'd like to ask why Dolgen considers the 'begging' to be messed up.  (I presume that he means 'beginning'?)

              Is it only because it is different from the book?  Consider, the book begins 'in medias res'; Jackson had to consider a) that many of the viewers hadn't read the book and b)viewers haven't the luxury of having read the prefatory materials.  He had to put the background information in there somehow. If you don't like how he did it--and certainly that's a valid point, what do you propose that he should have done?

              http://shopping.yahoo.com

              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 30, 2003
                Of course, if you don't like what Peter Jackson did to the movie, the simple answer is to raise $100 million and direct your own version...
                From: Bruce Wilson [mailto:brucewilson@...]
                I'd like to ask why Dolgen considers the 'begging' to be messed up.  (I presume that he means 'beginning'?)

                Is it only because it is different from the book?  Consider, the book begins 'in medias res'; Jackson had to consider a) that many of the viewers hadn't read the book and b)viewers haven't the luxury of having read the prefatory materials.  He had to put the background information in there somehow. If you don't like how he did it--and certainly that's a valid point, what do you propose that he should have done?
                I think it'll end how it ends in the books.. but we
                shall see soon enough ;)

                --- Dolgen DoUrdan <Gohan5932@...> wrote:
                > Hey ya'll i just wanted to ask your ideas on how
                > they will tie up
                > the movies.  Since Jackson completetly messed up the
                > begging of TFTR

                http://shopping.yahoo.com

              • Amy
                Message 7 of 8 , Sep 30, 2003
                  Hehe.. easy enough to do ;) Just kidding. I believe
                  I said this before.. but I think Jackson did an
                  excellent job with the story, considering (what Bruce
                  mentioned).. that many viewers had not read the books
                  or were even familiar with the story. You have to
                  introduce it to people .. like they are completely
                  unfamiliar with it.

                  And of course.. he has a time deadline..films can only
                  be so long.. and then you start losing people. The
                  extended versions are more for the die hard fans (I
                  think). So, try and relax when it comes to the films.
                  He has an excellent cast.. great collaboration.

                  http://shopping.yahoo.com
                • Bruce Wilson