Re: [TolkienDiscussions] Hobbits had no electricity - so why all the plugs?

  • candlespinner1@aol.com
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 10, 2003
      The batteries had nothing to with Middle Earth. They were talking about the batteries being used in the filming of LOTR.
    • candlespinner1@aol.com
      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 10, 2003
        The batteries had nothing to with Middle Earth. They were talking about the batteries being used in the filming of LOTR.
      • Info Servo
        Message 3 of 12 , Sep 10, 2003

          candlespinner1@... wrote:
          The batteries had nothing to with Middle Earth. They were talking about the batteries being used in the filming of LOTR.

          And your point is?  It's no different than discussing the actors.

          SHADOWKamen.

          My list:
          My booth:
          http://www.freevote.com/booth/Informitor
          My page:
          http://random.kakuranger.net/

        • Ron Philo
          Message 4 of 12 , Sep 19, 2003
            >But the movie and the commercials do have something very important to
            do
            >with each other.

            >Both are primarily about making money (to quote from the prologue to
            _Bored
            >of the Rings_).

            Certainly that was the primary motivation of NewLine Cinema, but I'm
            enough of a
            romantic to believe that the profit motive was only secondary in the
            mind of Peter
            Jackson. He put everything he had into this project for most of a
            decade. Nobody
            does that unless they love what they do.

            ron/gimli (loved Bored of the Rings, btw, way, way back in the day)

            Message: 5
            Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2003 03:26:58 -0500
            From: Ronn! Blankenship <ronn.blankenship@...>
            Subject: Re: Hobbits had no electricity - so why all the plugs?

            At 11:14 PM 8/31/03 -0700, Info Servo wrote:

            >Hobbits had no electricity - so why all the plugs?
            >
            >[snip]
            >
            >All I'm asking is that studios and advertisers think twice before
            linking
            >movies and products that have nothing to do with each other.

            But the movie and the commercials do have something very important to
            do
            with each other.

            Both are primarily about making money (to quote from the prologue to
            _Bored
            of the Rings_).

            (Not that that will necessarily make anyone feel any better . . . )

            -- Ronn! :)