  • Frodo Baggins
    Message 1 of 26 , Oct 27, 2002
      I was just ready more poems from stupidring.com, and I found this
      hilarious limerick. Hope you guys like it!

      Bilbo said "I am giving you Sting.
      Let me look one last time at the ring"
      Frodo said "No, I won't"
      Bilbo said "If you don't,
      I'll turn into a horrible thing."

      "No you can't" Frodo said "It's not true."
      "Yes I can" Bilbo said, and he grew
      all ugly and cruel.
      Frodo clapped, "Gee, that's cool.
      Here's the ring, now let me look like you."

      I STILL LIKE TOLKERS!
    • Anna Lundskow

        Message 3 of 26 , Feb 12, 2003
          ROTFL!!
          Message 4 of 26 , Feb 12, 2003
            In a message dated 2/12/03 11:07:31 AM Mountain Standard Time, kim_loves_coffee@... writes:

            Or maybe the Muppets! Kermit would be Frodo, and Miss Piggy could be
            Galadriel. :-D

            Muppets LOTR would be very cool! Just be forewarned, Jim Henson Associates don't take anything seriously, especially themselves!

            Sir Question of the Mark, K of T.

            Aure entuluva!
          • Kate George
            Message 5 of 26 , Feb 12, 2003
              Very odd...how would you say it then, toMAYtoes? :)

              Kate
              Website http://homepage.ntlworld.com/kate.george

                Message 7 of 26 , Feb 12, 2003
                  --- In TolkienDiscussions@yahoogroups.com, Tripleleo60@c... wrote:
                  > In a message dated 2/12/03 11:07:31 AM Mountain Standard Time,
                  > kim_loves_coffee@y... writes:
                  >

                  > > Or maybe the Muppets! Kermit would be Frodo, and Miss Piggy could
                  be
                  > > Galadriel. :-D
                  > >

                  > Muppets LOTR would be very cool! Just be forewarned, Jim Henson
                  Associates
                  > don't take anything seriously, especially themselves!

                  Maybe the production company that has done Spitting Images in the UK
                  would like to take a crack at it! I'd love to see what they would do
                  with it.
                • tobihlk@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 26 , Feb 12, 2003
                    ohhhhh i would love to see the muppets do LOTR..  that would be funny as anything.  i even enjoyed the muppets treasure island.  they did a really good job with that one.......

                    <sings "weve got cabin feaver were all going mad">

                    debbie
                  • SanKni2313@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 26 , Feb 12, 2003
                      In a message dated 2/12/03 3:53:06 AM Central Standard Time, jack@... writes:

                      Americans are odd full stop.  (They might even say period!)
                      :o)

                      Yes, we are, aren't we?!  But what's wrong with that....    :o)

                      Elollyra
                    • John <johnjabberoo@yahoo.com>
                      Message 10 of 26 , Feb 12, 2003
                        Wut about tamatters? heheheh

                        Message 11 of 26 , Feb 13, 2003
                          All together now - singing:

                          You say ToMAYtoes, and I say ToMAHtoes!
                          You say PoTAYtoes, and I say PoTAHtoes!
                          ToMAYtoes!  ToMAHtoes! PoTAYtoes! PoTAHtoes!
                          Let's call the whole thing off!

                          Ask your grandpa...

                        • Sharon <itzsharon@yahoo.com>
                          Message 12 of 26 , Feb 13, 2003
                            Do you mean tamayters? Or do some people actually say tomatters?
                            *grin* I have heard the former, but not the latter.

                            Now that I think of it, my grandmother (who was from a small town in
                            north Georgia) used to say 'mayters. Hehe

                            Fimbrethil

                            --- In TolkienDiscussions@yahoogroups.com, "John <johnjabberoo@y...>"
                            Message 13 of 26 , Feb 13, 2003
                              *sings*

                              ToMAYtoes, toMAHtoes, poTAYtoes, poTAHTOEs!
                              Let's call the whole thing off!

                              *stops singing*

                              Not that anyone does actually say poTAHtoes, lol...but it's in the
                              song. *grin*

                              Fimbrethil

                              --- In TolkienDiscussions@yahoogroups.com, "Jack" <jack@t...> wrote:
                              > All together now - singing:
                              >
                              > You say ToMAYtoes, and I say ToMAHtoes!
                              > You say PoTAYtoes, and I say PoTAHtoes!
                              > ToMAYtoes! ToMAHtoes! PoTAYtoes! PoTAHtoes!
                              > Let's call the whole thing off!
                              >
                              > Ask your grandpa...

                            • Kate George
                              Message 14 of 26 , Feb 13, 2003
                                Noooooo! They are 'MAHters!

                              • Anna <IdrilCelebrindal@aol.com>
                                Message 15 of 26 , Feb 13, 2003
                                  I've said 'mayters a lot.

                                  My mom used to grow a small salad tomato called "tommy toes"

                                  Idril/Anna

                                  --- In TolkienDiscussions@yahoogroups.com, "Sharon <itzsharon@y...>"

                                  Message 16 of 26 , Feb 13, 2003
                                    My grandma grew those, too--and that's what she called them! :D

                                    Fimbrethil

                                    --- In TolkienDiscussions@yahoogroups.com, "Anna

                                    Message 17 of 26 , Feb 13, 2003
                                      I meant tamayters. heheheh

                                      Message 18 of 26 , Feb 14, 2003
                                        Cool...I was just checking. *grin*

                                        Message 19 of 26 , Feb 15, 2003
                                          Not at all!! They are ToMAHtoes

                                          Bungo

                                        • Tripleleo60@cs.com
                                          Message 20 of 26 , Nov 12, 2003
                                            In a message dated 11/12/03 2:28:15 PM Mountain Standard Time, soon2bexploring@... writes:
                                            hi. sorry if i bothered you. Maybe oneday u'll live in florida!! it is so hot though!

                                            Would it be possible for you to use a slightly larger font? My eyes aren't what they used to be. Thanks.
                                            Message 21 of 26 , Mar 27, 2010
                                              Hi Michelle!
                                              I wondered if anyone else had noticed...

                                              Message 22 of 26 , Nov 2, 2010

                                                I think Amy’s email address has been hijacked by spammers – will put her on moderation

                                                Regards

                                                Jack

                                                Message 23 of 26 , Mar 31, 2011

                                                  That's spam

                                                  And Andrew has been banned

                                                  Regards

                                                  Jack

                                                  Moderator

                                                  Message 24 of 26 , Nov 5, 2012

                                                    This appears to be spam –

                                                    Probably someone hacked into this account

                                                    Big Ugly – if you can, please change your password

                                                    I’ll put you on moderation for now

                                                    Message 25 of 26 , Nov 5, 2012
                                                      Message 26 of 26 , Nov 5, 2012

                                                        Thanks Rob!

                                                        The one I found cut out some good bits

                                                        I bet passengers watch this video – there’s a lesson there for the air safety people!