Re: LOTR Musical Part 2

  • John
    Message 1 of 21 , Jun 1, 2003
      I could knock out part one for about 100,000 to 175,0000 pretty
      easy. With a chance of needing at the least 50,000 more. But I
      don't believe I will hitting up anyone here for an investment since I
      have so fallen from recent grace. Pity, that, but then again I
      already have a bunch of critics and that puts me in the same category
      as Peter Jackson in a way. hehhe Soooooooo,...I guess I am well on
      my way to a successful career. They say that if you're getting a lot
      of critism then you MUST be doing something right.

      John the Texas Hobbit

      -- In TolkienDiscussions@yahoogroups.com, "Jack" <jack@t...> wrote:
      > How many million dollars do you need, John?

      bigtime!!!!!!!

      wrote:
> [...]
      0120737">Lord
      > Of
      > > > The Rings</A> author <A HREF="http://us.imdb.com/Name?Tolkien%
      > > > 2C+J.R.R.">JRR Tolkien</A> is furious that a London
      > > > HREF="http://us.imdb.com/Name?Tolkien%
      2C+Christopher">Christopher
      > > > Tolkien</A> also is
      > been
      > > > adapted into an
      > > HREF="http://us.imdb.com/Name?
      > > > Jackson%2C+Peter">Peter Jackson</A>. And now the three-hour
      > catatonic
      > > > over the success
      > > > low."

      > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
      >

      > Come and visit our Tolkien Discussions group online and take
      advantage
      > of our Messages, Chat, Files, Photos, Links, Database, Polls,
      Members,

      Service.

    • sds51187@aol.com
      Message 2 of 21 , Jun 1, 2003
        In a message dated 6/1/2003 7:04:14 PM Central Standard Time,
        johnjabberoo@... writes:

        > But I
        > don't believe I will hitting up anyone here for an investment since I
        > have so fallen from recent grace.

        I don't know about anyone else, but just because you have different tastes
        than me, doesn't mean that I don't respect your opinion. Of course, if you
        tried to hit me up for money, I'd spray you with my pepper spay (if I had any...
        (: ).
        ~katya

        Athur: "So we're acutally going to land in a minute?"
        the captain:  "Well, not so much land, in fact, not actually land as such,
        no...er--"
        Ford:  "What are you talking about?"
        the captain:  "Well, I think as far as I can remember we were programmed to
        crash on it."
        Ford and Arthur:  "CRASH?"
        the captain:  "er, yes, yes, it's all a part of the plan, I think.  There was
        a terribly good reason for it which I can't quite remember at the moment.  It
        was something to do with... er..."
        Ford:  "YOU'RE A LOAD OF USELESS BLOODY LOONIES!"
        the captain:  "Ah yes, that was it"
        ~The Restaurant at the end of the Universe

        DON'T PANIC!

      • david schnyer
        Message 3 of 21 , Jun 1, 2003
          not to worry john, i disagree with you in part,
          not everything that claims to be "art" is art but
          i'm not going to reach out and whop you upside
          the head with a wet fish.
          "gunner"

          http://calendar.yahoo.com
        • sds51187@aol.com
          Message 4 of 21 , Jun 1, 2003
            In a message dated 6/1/2003 10:03:19 PM Central Standard Time,
            gunnera4@... writes:

            > not to worry john, i disagree with you in part,
            > not everything that claims to be "art" is art but
            > i'm not going to reach out and whop you upside
            > the head with a wet fish.
            > "gunner"

            John has left the building. Or at least the group... or at any rate, he
            said he was going to... And I still don't understand why.
            ~katya

            DON'T PANIC!

              Message 6 of 21 , Jun 2, 2003
                > I don't know about anyone else, but just because you have different
                tastes
                > than me, doesn't mean that I don't respect your opinion. Of
                course, if you
                > tried to hit me up for money, I'd spray you with my pepper spay (if
                I had any...
                > (: ).
                > ~katya

                Thanks for the warning! I'll scratch you off my donors list for next
                time.

                bungo
              • bungo_burrows
                Message 7 of 21 , Jun 2, 2003
                  --- In TolkienDiscussions@yahoogroups.com, sds51187@a... wrote:
                  > In a message dated 6/1/2003 10:03:19 PM Central Standard Time,
                  > gunnera4@y... writes:
                  >
                  > > not to worry john, i disagree with you in part,
                  > > not everything that claims to be "art" is art but
                  > > i'm not going to reach out and whop you upside
                  > > the head with a wet fish.
                  > > "gunner"
                  >
                  > John has left the building. Or at least the group... or at any
                  rate, he
                  > said he was going to... And I still don't understand why.
                  > ~katya
                  >
                  > DON'T PANIC!

                  Personally I wish John would come back. As much as I have disagreed
                  with him of late, I valued his opinion. I didn't understand his rash
                  move either. Perhaps it will be explained in the next 40 postings?

                  bungo
                • sds51187@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 21 , Jun 2, 2003
                    In a message dated 6/2/2003 12:23:25 PM Central Standard Time,
                    yesgaz@... writes:

                    > >I don't know about anyone else, but just because you have different
                    > tastes
                    > >than me, doesn't mean that I don't respect your opinion. Of
                    > course, if you
                    > >tried to hit me up for money, I'd spray you with my pepper spay (if
                    > I had any...
                    > >(: ).
                    > >~katya
                    >
                    > Thanks for the warning! I'll scratch you off my donors list for next
                    > time.
                    >
                    > bungo

                    hehe, yep, and I'd hit you with my purse, too, which happens to be very
                    heavy.
                    ~katya

                    DON'T PANIC!

                  • bungo_burrows
                    Message 9 of 21 , Jun 2, 2003
                      --- In TolkienDiscussions@yahoogroups.com, sds51187@a... wrote:
                      > In a message dated 6/2/2003 12:23:25 PM Central Standard Time,
                      > yesgaz@i... writes:
                      >
                      > > >I don't know about anyone else, but just because you have
                      different
                      > > tastes
                      > > >than me, doesn't mean that I don't respect your opinion. Of
                      > > course, if you
                      > > >tried to hit me up for money, I'd spray you with my pepper spay
                      (if
                      > > I had any...
                      > > >(: ).
                      > > >~katya
                      > >
                      > > Thanks for the warning! I'll scratch you off my donors list for
                      next
                      > > time.
                      > >
                      > > bungo
                      >
                      > hehe, yep, and I'd hit you with my purse, too, which happens to be
                      very
                      > heavy.
                      > ~katya
                      >
                      > DON'T PANIC!

                      hehehe yerself katya. I've been hit with purses before. Sometimes you
                      have to learn when to duck and when to get hit by the purse.

                      bungo

                      P.S. What exactly ya got in this purse? =;-p)
                    • sds51187@aol.com
                      Message 10 of 21 , Jun 2, 2003
                        In a message dated 6/2/2003 3:19:42 PM Central Standard Time,
                        yesgaz@... writes:

                        > >hehe, yep, and I'd hit you with my purse, too, which happens to be
                        > very
                        > >heavy.
                        > >~katya
                        > >
                        > >DON'T PANIC!
                        > >
                        > hehehe yerself katya. I've been hit with purses before. Sometimes you
                        > have to learn when to duck and when to get hit by the purse.
                        >
                        > bungo
                        >
                        > P.S. What exactly ya got in this purse? =;-p)

                        That's none of your business! (for one thing, my imaginary pepper spray...)
                        ~katya
                        DON'T PANIC!

                      • Fence Sitter
                        Message 11 of 21 , Jun 3, 2003

                          >Tolkien Rage at 'Rings' Success
                          ><snip>And now the three-hour
                          >musical is enraged him even further. A pal says, "He's catatonic over the success
                          >of the film and thinks all popular entertainment is unutterably low."

                          Well I gotta say I find that statement to be a terrible one. I mean LOTR is part of popular entertainment.

                          Fence

                          Nil sa saol ach gaoth agus toit.
                          There is nothing in life but wind and smoke.

                          mtcp.co.uk - its a website, silly ---> http://www.mtcp.co.uk

                          Select your own custom email address for FREE! Get you@... w/No Ads, 6MB, POP & more! http://www.everyone.net/selectmail?campaign=tag