Happy New Year!

    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 24, 2003
      It's New Year in Gondor!

      (I've taken up meditation - at least it's better than sitting doing nothing)
      Click here for jokes, cartoons and voluptuous redheads!
      moraldepravity-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      PS I lied about the redheads
      Message 2 of 12 , Mar 24, 2005
        A very happy new year to all the people of Gondor!

      • George
        Message 3 of 12 , Mar 25, 2005
          Also, Happy Greek Independence Day!!!
          Zito H Ellas!!!

          ~George

          --- In TolkienDiscussions@yahoogroups.com, "Jack" <jack@t...> wrote:
          > A very happy new year to all the people of Gondor!

        • Ink
          Message 4 of 12 , Mar 25, 2005
            You know I forgot, how pathetic of me.
            Happy new year to all.

            Ink

            On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 12:40:37 -0000, George <greekss454@...> wrote:

            > Also, Happy Greek Independence Day!!!
            > Zito H Ellas!!!
            >
            > ~George
            >

            > --- In TolkienDiscussions@yahoogroups.com, "Jack" <jack@t...> wrote:
            > > A very happy new year to all the people of Gondor!
            > >

            > > :o)
            > > Jack

            > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            "Elen sila lumenn omentilmo"
            Message 5 of 12 , Mar 25, 2007

              It’s March 25th!

              (My son's school called today - they wanted to surrender)

              Click here for jokes, cartoons, and voluptuous redheads:
              mailto:moraldepravity-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

              PS I lied about the redheads...

            • Pippin
              Message 6 of 12 , Mar 25, 2007
                Thank you, kind sir, but 2 Yule (~December 23) is still the new year in Shire Reckoning.

                'The Shire Reckoning and dates are the only ones of importance for the narrative of the War of the Ring.  All the days, months, and dates are in the Red Book translated into Shire terms, or equated with them in notes.  The months and days, therefore, throughout The Lord of the Rings refer to the Shire Calendar.'
                from Appendix D by JRRT

                The detail of the various calendars is just one of the rich layers of Tolkien's writing that make his world easier to believe than our own.

                  Message 8 of 12 , Mar 25, 2009

                    Best  wishes to all Elves, Men, Dwarves and Hobbits

                    Message 9 of 12 , Mar 25, 2010

                      It’s the 25th of March again, and we remember the downfall of Sauron!

                      Message 10 of 12 , Mar 25, 2011

                        Is it only a year since last time?

                        Doesn’t time fly!

                        (I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code)

                        Message 11 of 12 , Mar 25, 2012

                          To all inhabitants of Gondor...

                          (
                          Any drive to reduce paperwork only results in extra paperwork)

                          Message 12 of 12 , Mar 25, 2013
                          To all residents of Gondor...

                          (My wife's so pessimistic that if there was an Olympics for pessimism, she
                          wouldn't fancy her chances)