RE: [TolkienDiscussions] Re: Taking the Piss

    Message 1 of 18 , Mar 1, 2003
      A tosser is a wanker
      hth
      From: bungo_burrows <yesgaz@...> [mailto:yesgaz@...]
      Sent: 01 March 2003 22:14
      To: TolkienDiscussions@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [TolkienDiscussions] Re: Taking the Piss

      In my few trips to the U.K., my favourite phrase has been "Piss off
      you Tosser". While I certainly know the origins of Piss off by now,
      where does Tosser come from?

      bungo

      "Within certain limits, my potential is unlimited!"

      --- In TolkienDiscussions@yahoogroups.com, "Sharon <itzsharon@y...>"
      <itzsharon@y...> wrote:
      > --- In TolkienDiscussions@yahoogroups.com, "Kate George"
      > <kate.george@n...> wrote:
      > > In Britain we are always taking the piss out of something or
      taking
      > > the Micky, just means "making fun of" something.
      >
      > Love it--after this I'll always remember both expressions!
      >
      > > And of course when we are pissed we are drunk!
      >
      > We don't have that one (although I've heard of it before). Over
      here
      > being "pissed off" means you're angry, and sometimes people
      shortened
      > it to just "pissed."
      >
      > Fimbrethil

    • Kate George
      Message 2 of 18 , Mar 1, 2003
        Ooooh, wash your mouth out with soap!

        Kate
        Website http://homepage.ntlworld.com/kate.george

        Message 3 of 18 , Mar 1, 2003
          i'm just a bit irritated, i've got this song on
          file in my computer but i can't fgure out how to
          get it here to the group to share it with
          you-all. it's not quite tolkein but it sort of
          fits. anyway here's a url for the lyrics. meg
          davis is the writer and you can find her cd
          "captain jack and the mermaid" by google
          searching meg davis "elf glade"
          "gunner"
          ---------
          http://www.smacdonald.com/pegasus/songs/elf-glade.html