Posting Guidelines

  • Kenneth
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 16, 2002

      The posting guidelines for this group are as follows:

      1. Courtesy and Respect.  When expressing ourselves and our opinions, we should always attempt to keep our posts courteous and respectful.  As part of this, flaming, which is a personal attack on another poster, is prohibited.
      2. Obscenities and Profanities.  Posts which contain language which can be considered obscene, profane, vulgar, indecent, sexually provocative, etc., are not permitted.  While most of the members here are probably of adult age, we should have the expectation that any child old enough to read should be able to read our posts without finding any offensive language.
      3. Calumny, Detraction, and Defamation.  Calumny is telling a falsehood about another person that harms that person's reputation. Detraction is telling a truth about another person that harms that person's reputation. Defamation is an attack on another person's character.  None of these are permitted.
      4. Do Not Moderate.  If you come across posts which you believe violate the guidelines, please alert me to the problem by emailing me at TolkienDiscussions-owner@yahoogroups.com  However, please allow me to resolve the problem in private.  Attempts by members to publicly point out violations (which may have already been successfully resolved) often only serve to exacerbate such problems and will not be permitted.

      Kenneth

      JustKenneth's Homepage

      faith.yahoo.com