RE: [TolkienDiscussions] Re: Way WAY off topic, but...

    Message 1 of 37 , Feb 1, 2003
      Texans only fire guns Monday to Friday - they take the weekend off to drill for oil
      From: Jon <Johnjabberoo@...> [mailto:Johnjabberoo@...]
      How about how everyone thinks all Texans wear cowboy boots, ride
      horses and shot guns all the time.  We only shoot guns some of the
      time. hehehe

      --- In TolkienDiscussions@yahoogroups.com, "aryndiel

    • kittykatya05 <sds51187@aol.com>
      Message 37 of 37 , Feb 1, 2003
        <Johnjabberoo@a...> wrote:
        > And don't forget we fit in branding our cattle somewhere in all
        > this. It's a lot of work!
        >
        > --- In TolkienDiscussions@yahoogroups.com, "Jack" <jack@t...> wrote:
        > > Texans only fire guns Monday to Friday - they take the weekend
        off
        > to drill
        > > for oil
        > > :o)

        Hmm... I have actually helped my dad brand cattle... I just marked
        them and pushed them through the chute. I've also helped him "round
        up" cattle, etc. Of course, he didn't even grow up in Texas (I do
        live in Texas, have all my life, but dad hasn't always). He's never
        touched a gun though. Oh yeah, he makes custom cowboy boots for a
        living :).
        ~kittykatya