Elves

  • LorienFluteElf@aol.com
    Message 1 of 106 , Jan 15, 2003
      Suilannads Everyone,
      I was just wondering... In the last battle for Middle Earth(in ROTK) did the Elves fight? I know they did NOT fight at Helm's Deep (except Legolas, of course) but I can't remember if they do in the last one.

      Namarie,

      Heri Fëalin Alatariel

    • bungo_burrows
      Message 106 of 106 , Mar 26, 2004
        Although they could be slain or die of grief, Elves were not subject
        to age or disease. An Elf who lost his life went to the halls of
        Mandos, whence he could go elsewhere in Valinor but not return to
        Middle-earth. The fate of the Elves is bound to Eä, and they cannot
        leave the Circles of the World until the End, when they will joing
        the Ainur (and perhaps Men) in the Second Music before the throne of
        Ilúvatar.

        The Elves had three Rings of Power, which were given to the three
        greatest of the Eldar.

        The Elves called themselves Quendi, the Speakers. There were also
        called the Elder Children of Ilúvatar, the first born of Ilúvatar,
        the Firstborn, the Elder Kindred, the Elder Race, the Elder People,
        the Fair Folk, the Merry People, and the Folk of the Wood. The name
        Eldar originally referred to all Elves.