RE: Oooh fancy

  • kb8dns
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 15, 2013

       How about a rendition of Tolkien's art work? there seems to be much of it on the NET....

      poikaa

      --- In tolkiendiscussions@yahoogroups.com, <justkenneth@...> wrote:

      Just thought I'd double-check that my reply in this topic (below) was sent out.  I never got a copy in my email so perhaps it wasn't sent due to some temporary glitch.

      So, anyone want to volunteer to come up with a new wide-format photo/drawing for the group's banner?

      Kenneth

      --- In TolkienDiscussions@yahoogroups.com, <tolkiendiscussions@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      With the changes to Groups, Yahoo! applied some default photos of their choosing so we'll need to come up with a new banner photo to replace it.  It's interesting to see some of the default photos that Yahoo! came up with.  In my fantasy sports group, I now have a photo of someone cycling up a rocky slope.  At least that's related to sports though I've never run anything like a fantasy Tour de France league.  It could be worse.  I heard that someone's prostate cancer group now has a banner photo of smiling young girl.

      If someone wants to come up with a Tolkien related photo for the group,I'd be happy to install it.  I've been reading that the ideal dimensions for the wide banner photo should be 1020 wide x 296 high at 200 dpi.  The height can probably be greater though as I expect the installation will trim what it can't accept.  I don't know for sure though as I haven't tried to change the photo yet.

      I don't think the photos we currently have in the group's archive can be downloaded which is just one of the issues with the new format that Yahoo! needs to address.  So if you come up with a group photo candidate, just email it to me.  Thanks!

      Kenneth

      --- In tolkiendiscussions@yahoogroups.com, <jack@...> wrote:

      Yahoo have been tinkering.
      The new look is called Neo - sometimes you see it, sometimes you don't - I expect that gradually Neo will get the bugs ironed out and appear all the time!
      On 09/09/2013 21:09, morjuc@... wrote:
      I stopped by for a visit and everything's gone and gotten all fancy!  New layout, purdy picture at the top!

    • justkenneth

        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 19, 2013
          Well done!
          Don't panic if it disappears - some other owners have found it does, only to come back.  Yahoo are still playing with their Neo interface.

          I haven't seen that picture - is it Hobbiton on the Water?

          Jack
          On 20/09/2013 03:04, justkenneth@... wrote:

[...]

        • Morjuc