The Littlelest Hobbit Fan

  • Ty B
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 5, 2013
      I let my six year old watch the animated version of 'The Hobbit' on Easter and he loved it. We had to watch it last night on a special 'Hobbit Night' while my wife was out (she hates the movie- she hates the hairy feet...long story) and I gave him an old Gollum action figure, cut the ring off an old book mark, and red the poems from the book at bedtime and he was the happiest kid on earth! The movie has pushed "Star Wars" and "Peter Pan" aside as his favorite movie. I'm thjinking he needs to be 9 or 10 before he sees the live-action movies.

      Ty
    • Morjuc
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 18, 2013
        Better late than never...I also wasn't a big fan of the reecent. movie.  It's tragic they make it so violent - lots of young fans I've met aren't allowed to watch it.  I should see if I can find the animated one - I've never watched it.
        My favorite part of the movie was the soundtrack, and the casting of Martin Freeman as Bilbo.  Otherwise, I thought they missed the spirit of the book.

        Morjuc

        --- In TolkienDiscussions@yahoogroups.com, <tolkiendiscussions@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        I let my six year old watch the animated version of 'The Hobbit' on Easter and he loved it. We had to watch it last night on a special 'Hobbit Night' while my wife was out (she hates the movie- she hates the hairy feet...long story) and I gave him an old Gollum action figure, cut the ring off an old book mark, and red the poems from the book at bedtime and he was the happiest kid on earth! The movie has pushed "Star Wars" and "Peter Pan" aside as his favorite movie. I'm thjinking he needs to be 9 or 10 before he sees the live-action movies.

        Ty
      • Bruce Alan Wilson
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 19, 2013
          Have you read the book to him?  Aside from this book in particular, reading to children is SO important.

          Bruce Alan Wilson