The Ring that inspired Tolkien?

    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 3, 2013
    • 1 Attachment
    • 2 KB
  • scott
    Message 2 of 4 , Apr 3, 2013
      Yeah, I read that article and I don't buy it. Plus, any "writer" who thinks the Holy Roman Empire occupied Britain is highly suspect in my book.

      Message 3 of 4 , Apr 3, 2013
        I read the article too and I don't believe there was any suggestion that the Holy Roman Empire occupied Britain. The Roman Empire, yes, but not the other.

        --- In TolkienDiscussions@yahoogroups.com, scott <tripleleome@...> wrote:

        > Yeah, I read that article and I don't buy it. Plus, any "writer" who thinks the Holy Roman Empire occupied Britain is highly suspect in my book.

      • scott
        Message 4 of 4 , Apr 4, 2013
          Oops! It was the Yahoo News article on the same subject that I read. My bad.