RE: [TolkienDiscussions] Re: Hobbit on Blu-Ray

    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 20 10:52 AM
      Thanks Ty

      Of course, with LOTR, they cut great chunks of the book out of the
      theatrical release (long-time members of this group will remember the howls
      of rage at the loss of Tom Bombadil)

      With the Hobbit, the opposite is true!

      Yours friendly,

      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 3, 2013
        I see no one has mentioned using the secret code which came inside
        the DVD box to tune in to the "live" thing on-line with Peter Jackson
        on the 24th of last month (in the Western Hemisphere: he pointed out
        at the start it was 0700 on the 25th where he is).

        . . . ronn! :)
      • Ronn! Blankenship
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 3, 2013
          At 08:24 Wednesday 20-03-13, Ty B wrote:

          >Well, I heard from my movie guy- apparently there are no immediate
          >plans for a deluxe set a'la LotR anytime soon- the rumor is they
          >will wait until the last film in 2015 & then release a big box set.
          >So apparently the dvd/blu ray combo pack (which does contain some
          >extras) is it for now. As someone who does not own a blu-ray player,
          >I hope the extras are on dvd...

          I purchased the DVD (here in the US) and it came with a whole extra
          DVD labeled "Special Features" which I haven't watched yet (on the
          wrapper it says "Includes 10 Production Videos) . . .

          . . . ronn! :)