Re: Hobbit on Blu-Ray

  • Ty Bevington
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 20, 2013
      For US members- it won't be available on Nextflix or Redbox for 4 weeks...I have been unable to find out if a 'deluxe' version with extras like the LotR movies is forthcoming, but will let you know when my movie insider fanboy emails me back!

      Ty

      "Worry about the carrot.  The stick will take care of itself."
      Steve Caudill
    • Ty B
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 20, 2013
        Well, I heard from my movie guy- apparently there are no immediate plans for a deluxe set a'la LotR anytime soon- the rumor is they will wait until the last film in 2015 & then release a big box set. So apparently the dvd/blu ray combo pack (which does contain some extras) is it for now. As someone who does not own a blu-ray player, I hope the extras are on dvd...

        Ty

        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 20, 2013
          Thanks Ty

          Of course, with LOTR, they cut great chunks of the book out of the
          theatrical release (long-time members of this group will remember the howls
          of rage at the loss of Tom Bombadil)

          With the Hobbit, the opposite is true!

          Yours friendly,

          wrote:

          > For US members- it won't be available on Nextflix or Redbox for 4
          weeks...I have been unable to find out if a 'deluxe' version with extras
          like the LotR movies is forthcoming, but will let you know when my movie
          insider fanboy emails me back!

          > Ty
          >

          > "Worry about the carrot.  The stick will take care of itself."
          > Steve Caudill

        • Ronn! Blankenship
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 3, 2013
            I see no one has mentioned using the secret code which came inside
            the DVD box to tune in to the "live" thing on-line with Peter Jackson
            on the 24th of last month (in the Western Hemisphere: he pointed out
            at the start it was 0700 on the 25th where he is).

            . . . ronn! :)
          • Ronn! Blankenship
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 3, 2013
              At 08:24 Wednesday 20-03-13, Ty B wrote:

              >Well, I heard from my movie guy- apparently there are no immediate
              >plans for a deluxe set a'la LotR anytime soon- the rumor is they
              >will wait until the last film in 2015 & then release a big box set.
              >So apparently the dvd/blu ray combo pack (which does contain some
              >extras) is it for now. As someone who does not own a blu-ray player,
              >I hope the extras are on dvd...

              I purchased the DVD (here in the US) and it came with a whole extra
              DVD labeled "Special Features" which I haven't watched yet (on the
              wrapper it says "Includes 10 Production Videos) . . .

              . . . ronn! :)