Re: [TolkienDiscussions] Hobbit on Blu-Ray

  • scott
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 19 4:48 AM
      It's out today. I haven't seen it yet either. Next payday...

      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 20 4:52 AM
        For US members- it won't be available on Nextflix or Redbox for 4 weeks...I have been unable to find out if a 'deluxe' version with extras like the LotR movies is forthcoming, but will let you know when my movie insider fanboy emails me back!

        Ty

        "Worry about the carrot.  The stick will take care of itself."
        Steve Caudill
      • Ty B
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 20 6:24 AM
          Well, I heard from my movie guy- apparently there are no immediate plans for a deluxe set a'la LotR anytime soon- the rumor is they will wait until the last film in 2015 & then release a big box set. So apparently the dvd/blu ray combo pack (which does contain some extras) is it for now. As someone who does not own a blu-ray player, I hope the extras are on dvd...

          Ty

          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 20 10:52 AM
            Thanks Ty

            Of course, with LOTR, they cut great chunks of the book out of the
            theatrical release (long-time members of this group will remember the howls
            of rage at the loss of Tom Bombadil)

            With the Hobbit, the opposite is true!

            Yours friendly,

            wrote:

            > For US members- it won't be available on Nextflix or Redbox for 4
            weeks...I have been unable to find out if a 'deluxe' version with extras
            like the LotR movies is forthcoming, but will let you know when my movie
            insider fanboy emails me back!

            > Ty
            >

            > "Worry about the carrot.  The stick will take care of itself."
            > Steve Caudill

          • Ronn! Blankenship
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 3, 2013
              I see no one has mentioned using the secret code which came inside
              the DVD box to tune in to the "live" thing on-line with Peter Jackson
              on the 24th of last month (in the Western Hemisphere: he pointed out
              at the start it was 0700 on the 25th where he is).

              . . . ronn! :)
            • Ronn! Blankenship
              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 3, 2013
                At 08:24 Wednesday 20-03-13, Ty B wrote:

                >Well, I heard from my movie guy- apparently there are no immediate
                >plans for a deluxe set a'la LotR anytime soon- the rumor is they
                >will wait until the last film in 2015 & then release a big box set.
                >So apparently the dvd/blu ray combo pack (which does contain some
                >extras) is it for now. As someone who does not own a blu-ray player,
                >I hope the extras are on dvd...

                I purchased the DVD (here in the US) and it came with a whole extra
                DVD labeled "Special Features" which I haven't watched yet (on the
                wrapper it says "Includes 10 Production Videos) . . .

                . . . ronn! :)