Hobbit on Blu-Ray

  • poikaa
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 18, 2013
      I see the Hobbit will be released soon.... Have not had the time to see it and this may be the way or rent it from DISH satellite.

      Rod
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 18, 2013
        Will they be releasing the released version, then the Director's cut a month
        or two later, as they did with LOTTR movies?

        Answer: probably, because it's good business to sell the same thing twice

        Yours friendly,

        I see the Hobbit will be released soon.... Have not had the time to see it
        and this may be the way or rent it from DISH satellite.

        Rod

      • scott
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 19, 2013
          It's out today. I haven't seen it yet either. Next payday...

          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 20, 2013
            For US members- it won't be available on Nextflix or Redbox for 4 weeks...I have been unable to find out if a 'deluxe' version with extras like the LotR movies is forthcoming, but will let you know when my movie insider fanboy emails me back!

            Ty

            "Worry about the carrot.  The stick will take care of itself."
            Steve Caudill
          • Ty B
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 20, 2013
              Well, I heard from my movie guy- apparently there are no immediate plans for a deluxe set a'la LotR anytime soon- the rumor is they will wait until the last film in 2015 & then release a big box set. So apparently the dvd/blu ray combo pack (which does contain some extras) is it for now. As someone who does not own a blu-ray player, I hope the extras are on dvd...

              Ty

              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 20, 2013
                Thanks Ty

                Of course, with LOTR, they cut great chunks of the book out of the
                theatrical release (long-time members of this group will remember the howls
                of rage at the loss of Tom Bombadil)

                With the Hobbit, the opposite is true!

                Yours friendly,

                wrote:

                > For US members- it won't be available on Nextflix or Redbox for 4
                weeks...I have been unable to find out if a 'deluxe' version with extras
                like the LotR movies is forthcoming, but will let you know when my movie
                insider fanboy emails me back!

                > Ty
                >

                > "Worry about the carrot.  The stick will take care of itself."
                > Steve Caudill

              • Ronn! Blankenship
                Message 7 of 8 , Apr 3, 2013
                  I see no one has mentioned using the secret code which came inside
                  the DVD box to tune in to the "live" thing on-line with Peter Jackson
                  on the 24th of last month (in the Western Hemisphere: he pointed out
                  at the start it was 0700 on the 25th where he is).

                  . . . ronn! :)
                • Ronn! Blankenship
                  Message 8 of 8 , Apr 3, 2013
                    At 08:24 Wednesday 20-03-13, Ty B wrote:

                    >Well, I heard from my movie guy- apparently there are no immediate
                    >plans for a deluxe set a'la LotR anytime soon- the rumor is they
                    >will wait until the last film in 2015 & then release a big box set.
                    >So apparently the dvd/blu ray combo pack (which does contain some
                    >extras) is it for now. As someone who does not own a blu-ray player,
                    >I hope the extras are on dvd...

                    I purchased the DVD (here in the US) and it came with a whole extra
                    DVD labeled "Special Features" which I haven't watched yet (on the
                    wrapper it says "Includes 10 Production Videos) . . .

                    . . . ronn! :)