The Hobbit

  • Steve
    Message 1 of 77 , Dec 9, 2012
      In preparation for my anticipated viewing of The Hobbit" (the first of the trilogy),  on December 16th, I watched the original Rankin Bass animated movie from the seventies last night. I had taped it with my VCR back in the day and still view such tapings now.

      I thoroughly enjoyed the old version, as well as the two "Lord of the Rings" animated movies but I relish what I'll be seeing in a week!

      Steve S.
    • Ty Bevington
      Message 77 of 77 , Dec 10, 2012

        I remember seeing a filmstrip version (remember those?) back in 1979 in school with a teacher who was a big Tolkien fan who introduced me to him.  I wonder what Mrs. Matthews would think of my obsession now?  She's probably similarly obsessed, give or take a toy or too...and I love the movie- I need to pull it & watch it again.  I think it's a little scary for my 6 year old (he wants Hobbit Legos for Christmas), and we sat down little packets of Gandalf at Toys R US, turned around and they were gone!  And then they were sold out!  Wahhh!

        I need to find some friends to go see the movie with who aren't going on opening night because of my work schedule. My wife has no interst in seeing the movie, so I may end up going on my own....my precious...

        Enjoy it everyone,

        Ty

        "Worry about the carrot.  The stick will take care of itself."
        Steve Caudill