Re: [TolkienDiscussions] Hobbit Trilogy [1 Attachment]

  • Ronn! Blankenship
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 1, 2012
      At 03:41 PM Tuesday 7/31/2012, Jack wrote:

      [Attachment(s) from Jack included below]

      Caution - this website may not be totally serious

      http://www.holymoly.com/film-dvd/news/hobbit-will-be-trilogy-peter-jackson-c
      onfirms-theyve-got-enough-stuff63859

      It was on the news the day before.  The story ended with the announcement that the first part was due out in December of 2013.

      . . . ronn!  :)

    • Bruce Alan Wilson
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 1, 2012
        My understanding is that they've 'mined' THE QUEST FOR EREBOR and other parts of HOME for things that happened 'offstage' in Book!HOBBIT (e.g. what Gandalf was doing between leaving Thorin & Co. at Mirkwood and returning before the Battle of the Five Armies.)

      • scott
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 1, 2012
          Yes, the article I read mentioned the assault on Dol Goldur

          My understanding is that they've 'mined' THE QUEST FOR EREBOR and other parts of HOME for things that happened 'offstage' in Book!HOBBIT (e.g. what Gandalf was doing between leaving Thorin & Co. at Mirkwood and returning before the Battle of the Five Armies.)

          Bruce Alan Wilson
          http://wvdemolay.com
          http://www.demolay.org
          http://main.nationalmssociety.org/site/TR?px=7353231&fr_id=18065&pg=personal