Re: BBC News - JRR Tolkien snubbed by 1961 Nobel jury, papers reveal

  • Bruce Alan Wilson
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 7, 2012
      I've heard of all of them, but only read Greene & vonBlixen.

      There is a story about the Argentine author Jorge Luis Borges; when asked why he was never even considered for a Nobel, he said, "Well, all my stories have been translated into Swedish, and I happen to know that several members of the Academy have actually read them, and that is usually fatal."