Re: Introduction

  • Morjuc
    Message 1 of 49 , Dec 31, 2011
      Happy New Year everyone!

      I also am looking forward to this group reading! I am just wondering what it is that we shall be reading. And when do we start? If we do read the Silmarillion, can we still go and read the Hobbit at some later point? Because that would be fun too.
      The silmarillion has some really exciting and epic stories, (I love that middle earth was created with music) but the Hobbit and LOTR are my all-time favorites. As Treebeard says, "up sprout a little folk that are not in the old lists" and they take on a Dragon, and Sauron!

      Alyssa
      --- In TolkienDiscussions@yahoogroups.com, "B P" <mbranparker@...> wrote:

      > Happy New Year to you as well...I also find the creation story, the trees, beren and luthien, the wicked elfs, the silmaril, the numenorians, all of it to be fantastic. the hobbit and lotr to be minor chapters in the middle earth saga in comparison.
      >
      > --- In TolkienDiscussions@yahoogroups.com, "Apulia" <apulia2001@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Mae Govannen!
      > >
      > > This is my first post on this list.
      > >
      > > I'm looking forward to participating in the upcoming Silmarillion discussion.
      > >
      > > It contains some of my favorite stories. I love the creation stories, the two trees that lit the world and description of the elder world.
      > >
      > > I use it as guide to the mythology of Middle Earth and enjoy some of the stories in their own right.
      > >
      > > Happy New Year to all!
      > >
      > > Apulia

    • Morjuc
      Message 49 of 49 , Dec 31, 2011