Re: [TolkienDiscussions] The Soddit

  • scott
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 19, 2011
      Anyone seen Lord of the Peeps?

      From: Freeman Ng <Freeman@...>
      To: TolkienDiscussions@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Wednesday, October 19, 2011 12:40 PM
      Subject: Re: [TolkienDiscussions] The Soddit

      While I love LOTR, I do feel there is a *lot* in it that could be parodied, and I'm actually quite surprised that no author has yet attempted it for real.

      On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 5:50 AM, Steve <steveseg@...> wrote:

      Ty opined:
      I did read "Bored of the Rings"
      Ah yes, I remember being titillated as a young lad by the image of Frodo being seduced by an intoxicating and high-born lady elf!

      Steve S.
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 20, 2011

        Never heard of it, but Google has:

        http://lordofthepeeps.com/

        It seems to be a straight version of LOTR, rather than a parody, just acted out by marshmallow bunnies...

        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 20, 2011
          Yer darn right we should worry about the carrot. It's probably pregnant, and its boyfriend is a Villanova Ballhog, or worse, Tim Benzedrine.
          I've never been tempted to reread BotR since 1969 when I eagerly grabbed it of the shelf, but I've heard that it is the only parody of a book to itself be in continuous print for over 50 years. Try Amazon. Doug Kinney & somebody else wrote it.

          Ron Philo